Tamil is one of the oldest and classical language popularly called as 'Muthamilzh' encompassing Iyal, Isai and Natakam. In pace with the modern scientific world, a language also has to be enriched. In that way, to promote and develop veterinary science in Tamil a scientific professional body is established entitled 'Kalnadai Ariviyal Thamil Iyakkam' which means 'Tamil Society for Veterinary Sciences' with following objectives.
- To bring all veterinarians who are in different walks of the society under the umbrella of scientific Tamil language.
- To collect and consolidate animal husbandry and veterinary science concepts in Tamil literature.
- To encourage and support veterinarians, scholars and students who are involved in scientific tamil development.
- To disseminate research findings of animal husbandry and veterinary sciences in Tamil for the benefit of livestock farmers and others.
- To translate veterinary and animal husbandry standard text and reference books from other languages to Tamil.
- To translate veterinary and animal husbandry books in Tamil to other languages for the benefit of the mankind.
- To develop and upload e contents in the areas of animal husbandry, Veterinary sciences, newer technologies, milk and meat values addition, traditional knowledge, products and ethno veterinary practices in the society website.
- To felicitate and honour authors and writers in Tamil Veterinary Scientific Subject areas.
We invite all veterinarians to join the society by enrolling as a life member. Life membership fee is Rs.1,150/- (Rupees one thousand one hundred and fifty only). Registration fee can be paid through DD or cheque in favour of the 'Kalnadai Ariviyal Thamil Iyakkam' or through internet banking details as given below.
Union Bank of India, Melapalayam Branch
A/c No : 561702010088695
IFSC : UBIN0556173
Chief Patron Dr. C.Balachandran
Vice Patrons Dr. P.Tensingh Gnanaraj
- Dr. V.Gnanaprakasam
- Dr. N.Balaraman
- Dr. P.Thangaraju
- Dr. R.Prabakaran
- Dr. S.Subbiah, IAS