Tamil Society for Veterinary Sciences
Tamil is one of the oldest and classical language popularly called as 'Muthamilzh' encompassing Iyal, Isai and Natakam. In pace with the modern scientific world, a language also has to be enriched. In that way, to promote and develop veterinary science in Tamil a scientific professional body is established entitled 'Kalnadai Ariviyal Thamil Iyakkam' which means 'Tamil Society for Veterinary Sciences' with following objectives.
- To bring all veterinarians who are in different walks of the society under the umbrella of scientific Tamil language.
- To collect and consolidate animal husbandry and veterinary science concepts in Tamil literature.
- To encourage and support veterinarians, scholars and students who are involved in scientific tamil development.
- To disseminate research findings of animal husbandry and veterinary sciences in Tamil for the benefit of livestock farmers and others.
- To translate veterinary and animal husbandry standard text and reference books from other languages to Tamil.
- To translate veterinary and animal husbandry books in Tamil to other languages for the benefit of the mankind.
- To develop and upload e contents in the areas of animal husbandry, Veterinary sciences, newer technologies, milk and meat values addition, traditional knowledge, products and ethno veterinary practices in the society website.
- To felicitate and honour authors and writers in Tamil Veterinary Scientific Subject areas.